Social Distancing = Physical Distancing
We have all been trying to practice social distancing – staying home, avoiding crowds, and refraining from touching one another to stop the spread of the virus.
As of Saturday, March 21, Governor Murphy issued a Statewide Stay at Home Order. The governor is ordering you to stay home, unless it’s absolutely necessary.
The Order provides for certain exceptions, such as obtaining essential goods or services, seeking medical attention, visiting family or close friends, reporting to work, or engaging in outdoor activities. With existing social distancing measures in place, the Order also prohibits all gatherings of individuals, such as parties, celebrations, or other social events, unless otherwise authorized by the Order.
When in public, individuals must practice social distancing and stay at least six (6) feet apart whenever possible, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners.
Governor Murphy’s Executive Order further directs the closure of all non-essential retail businesses to the public, with the exceptions of:
• Grocery stores, farmer’s markets and farms that sell directly to customers, and other food stores, including retailers that offer a varied assortment of foods comparable to what exists at a grocery store;
• Pharmacies and medical marijuana dispensaries;
• Medical supply stores;
• Gas stations;
• Convenience stores;
• Ancillary stores within healthcare facilities;
• Hardware and home improvement stores;
• Banks and other financial institutions;
• Laundromats and dry-cleaning services;
• Stores that principally sell supplies for children under five (5) years old;
• Pet stores;
• Liquor stores;
• Car dealerships, but only for auto maintenance and repair, and auto mechanics;
• Printing and office supply shops;
• Mail and delivery stores.
The Order continues existing bans on recreational and entertainment businesses, requirements that all restaurants operate by delivery and takeout only, and the directive that all pre-K, elementary, and secondary schools close, and all institutions of higher education cease in-person instruction.
Find more information here: https://covid19.nj.gov/