Precautions are taken at every step of the HomeSharing process to insure that sharing a home is as safe as possible.
● Staff is working remotely and staggering in-person office times.
● There are no office walk-in hours; all meetings must be scheduled.
● Interviews and home assessments are conducted using video conferencing, when possible.
● Any in-person meetings are held outdoors or in well-ventilated areas, with six feet of distance.
Masks and gloves will be worn while inside the home.
● Initial meetings for potential matches take place remotely between the clients.
● Matches are made when all parties are educated about the risks and benefits of HomeSharing, have discussed
their safety standards and practices, feel comfortable, and wish to proceed.
● Before any move is scheduled, a shared living agreement between the parties is made, which outlines all of the aspects
of living together, including financial and service arrangements. Focus is on cleaning and social distancing practices,
confirming shared and private areas, and what precautions (including testing, if available) must be taken before moving in.
● HomeSharing monitors the match, and will help re-negotiate the agreement as conditions change.
Learn more about the HomeSharing process by clicking homesharing.org or calling us at: 908-526-4663 .